Skip navigation

The big guns are ready to go. Same technique as the rest of my army with a couple of minor tweaks. I used the same colors – Russian Green Primer, Russian WWII Uniform, and Iraqi Sand all from Vallejo. Same basic process, first coat of Russian Green airbrushed, highlights drybrushed, oil wash, and then modulation of raised detail. I added one step this time around – a heavy oil wash black-lining using the “scaffold” technique I mentioned in my last post. I like the really distinct separation of the armor panels and road wheels that this created, I think it suits the model very well. One other minor tweak – I did not use Dullcote for the final matte varnish, I cut Vallejo satin primer 50/50 with airbrush medium and sprayed at 20psi from about 10cm. This produced a very smooth and even coat with very little gloss and did a better job blending the decal edges.

I am going to let these sit a while before I decide on weathering and final detailing. I can play them as-is and go back to them later when I have more time to think about the final result. For now, ready for the tournament.

SANY1068SANY1067SANY1069

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: